They say a picture’s worth a thousand words. Then what’s a video worth?
Like pictures, videos have been around for quite a while. The way videos are being produced may be changing, just as the equipment used to shoot them is, but they still pack a serious punch when it comes to reaching people. Today, maybe even more so.
With smartphones everywhere, meaning practically unlimited access to media and the Internet, video has arguably emerged as the preeminent way to reach people. Thanks to new technologies (not to mention Youtube), the reach of video has grown exponentially.
Take a look at the infographic above, courtesy of Nielsen. Then check out some of these numbers from last year…
- 40 billion videos were streamed every month in the U.S. (Comscore)
- 75 million people watched online videos in the U.S. (Comscore)
- YouTube had over a billion users watching video – almost a third of all people on the Internet!
- Americans spent 5.5 hours a day watching online video (eMarketer)
- 87% of marketers were using video for content marketing (eMarketer)
So what does this this mean for marketers who are using video? What’s it mean for those who aren’t?
It means start integrating more video into your brand…now! Whether its via your advertisements, website, social media pages, or ideally a combination of the three, you have to start using video to your advantage, and not just to stay relevant, but to reach new customers and keep your current ones interested in what your business has to offer.
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but what’s a video worth? We’ll tell you: a lot more…like millions of people more.